Preparing the Offer
When you view a home on the market that you really want, you can hardly wait to be handed the keys. In fact, you may worry that the property will somehow slip through your fingers. You have got an expert by your side, David Marshall, Manager of HOMESTEAD, LLC and Associate Broker with EXP Realty. His job, as your real estate agent, is to ensure you get that home – and at a price that works for you.
The first step is preparing the offer. This is the document that is presented to the seller that basically states the price you are offering, as well as any conditions.
The price we go in with is critical. You want it to reflect the true market value of the property so the seller will take your offer seriously. On the other hand, you do not want to go in too high and risk overpaying for the home.
There is no need to worry as your agent know how to prepare a winning offer and get you the property at the lowest possible price. In fact, he looks after your interests throughout the entire process.
How the Process Works
When you decide to make an offer on a home, here’s what typically happens:
- Decide on the price, with the guidance of David Marshall, that has the best chance of being accepted by the seller, without over-paying for the home.
- Determine the contingencies for the offer. Obviously, sellers prefer offers that have no contingencies. However, we suggest contingencies, such as financing contingencies and passing a professional home inspection, be included for your protection.
- Prepare the necessary documents for you to sign and present your offer to the seller or their listing agent.
- Respond to counter offers from the seller with skillful negotiating on your behalf to make a deal.
- Communicate with you throughout the entire process.
- Initiate inspections and other processes when the deal is made and lead you through removal of contingencies and closing the deal.
Making an offer can seem like the nail-biting part of the process. It does not have to be. That is the advantage of selecting a real estate agent who puts clients first. When you go after a property you really want, you can take comfort in knowing you have an expert on your side… someone who knows how to get that HOMESTEAD for you.
REVIEW: “David Marshall has been a good friend for over 12 years and I prefer to do business with people I already know and trust.
His representation of me as my buyer’s broker for a property-only purchase in September 2018 was nothing short of outstanding: always responsive and knowledgeable.
His comprehensive services included: obtained background sales and property materials for the property of interest within a day; researched other like-properties sales prices and recommended an initial offer price; interfaced with the seller’s broker in a timely fashion; prepared the necessary offer and counter-offer agreements accurately; and, arranged for the closing documents and the closing itself on a very short timeline at my request.
I highly recommend David.”
- Bruce Hyman
Still not convinced? Then read some more reviews.
Have questions about making an offer? Please submit the form below or call or email us.